Frequently Asked Questions


Travel Certificates Make Great Gifts!
Tell your kids! Available in any amount! Can be used for any Ann’s Adventures Trip! There is no expiration date! Tell your kids you want the gift of Travel! These make great gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas!  They also make great retirement gifts!

Become a STAR!
I offer a special program for frequent travelers.
You can become a “STAR” which stands for Special Travel Adventure Rate! For only $36.00 per year, you can become a STAR! As a result, every trip you sign up for will be $6.00 less in cost. Therefore, if you travel at least 6 times in a year, you will have made your money back and for every trip after that, you come out ahead !

Dietary Needs ?                                                                                                                                                                                                  If you have a special dietary need, I need to know this in advance of the trip. When meals are catered for a group of 50, caterers plan for the number of meals ordered and often do not have additional options ready on the spot. If you vary from
the original menu, there may be an additional charge.

Shirts For Sale!
The cost for the grey t-shirt is $12.00 for S, M, L & XL. The cost for 2XL is $13.00. The grey t-shirt says “Not all who wander are lost” and is on a section of a Michigan map surrounding Clio.
There are also polo shirts (with a collar) in red or royal blue. They have monogrammed with “Ann’s Adventures” The polo shirts are $15.00 for S M L & XL. The XXL is $16.00. The sale of the shirts help participants feel a part of the group, provide advertising for Ann’s Adventures and will help offset some of the postage and newsletter costs.

Miscellaneous Trip Notes
I am frequently asked about making a stop other than in Clio. There is extra cost involved in making the extra stops as well as time. I need to know before I set the price where the departure places will be, so I can determine the best price.
The advantage of having your senior center request trips means that I can plan in advance for a stop at that center. We base the cost on having at least 16 people from that center. The advantage is that if there are not enough people, the trip does not have to be canceled… you can still join the trip in Clio.

Where do the trips depart?
Day trips leave from the Clio Kmart. We park at the Kmart end closest to I-75.
Overnight trips leave from the PNC Bank in the center of Clio. It is on the corner of Vienna and Mill Street (same as Clio Rd) 107 E Vienna St. The local Police keep an eye on the cars.
If there is a 2nd pick-up location it will be listed in the trip information. Sometimes a trip is requested by a local Senior Center or a Church group and then a stop is made at their location if there are at least 16 participants.

Do I need to send a deposit?
A deposit assures your seat on a trip. When you call to put your name on a trip list, that lets me know how many people are interested. Your deposit (or full payment) assures you of a seat. Sometimes there are more names on the interest list than there are actual seats available. When the maximum number of seats with money deposited is full, the rest becomes the wait list. The bottom line is… if you really want to go, you should put down a deposit.

Overnight Trips
Rooming lists for overnight trips need to be sent in a month prior to the trip. I cannot hold rooms if I do not have payment as the hotels will charge me for them. If I release the rooms, it may not be possible to get them back even if there is room on the bus. Special requests for a room need to be submitted with the room list. I cannot make handicap accessible rooms appear at the hotel upon check-in. If you need a room with a walk-in shower, grab bars in the bathroom, 1st floor, near elevator… let me know in advance. One issue we’ve had a few times lately is that hotels make a room “handicap accessible” by removing a bed to give a wheelchair more space to maneuver around. I need to know which is a higher priority… two beds OR handicap accessible

Money Matters
Payments can be made in cash, checks or money orders. I can take credit cards. There will be a 3% charge added to the cost of the trip if you decide to use a credit card. Checks should be made out to Ann’s Adventures. You can mail them or drop them at my house. If I am not home, there is a black, locked mailbox on my porch for envelopes. When sending checks, please write on the memo line what trip the check is for or use the form on the back page of this newsletter. It helps me get your payment posted to the right trip more quickly. If you would like a receipt, you should include a self-addressed, stamped envelope and I will send the receipt right away. When paying for a travel companion, please include their name!

Driver Tips
For all day trips, the driver tip is included in the cost of the trip. On overnight trips, we do pass an envelope for the driver.

Can I get a refund if I have to cancel?
Full refunds will be given only if there is a waitlist and I am able to fill your place prior to departure. Partial refunds may be given if I am able to recover the costs of prepaid tickets, meals, etc. Cancellations and no-shows on the day of the trip will not be entitled to a refund. Refund checks are issued after the trip is completed.

Medical Forms
Is your medical form updated? A medical form ensures that I can give medical professionals correct information about your health in the event of a medical emergency. If something happens, they need to know your birth date and list of current medications. If you need to update your form, I always carry extra or can email one to you.

Regarding Trips that fly….
For all trips that include a flight, it is very important that the name on the airline ticket matches the ID you plan to use. I must have the name as it is on the ID and your birthdate. Many people make me a copy of the passport or driver’s license so I can make sure I’ve typed it correctly. Please consider doing this… no one sees them except me. If you do not have access to a copy machine, you are welcome to stop by the office during office hours and I will make a copy for you! It can cost $200.00 to change the name on the ticket if it is wrong.

Snowbirds… take note!
When you are not home, the Post Office does not forward bulk mail. It is returned to me and we remove your name from the mailing list until we get a call from you asking to be put back on the mailing list.
You might consider having your newsletter sent via email. If you choose email, it usually gets to you much faster. I am now sending it in both a word document format and a pdf version. Some people switched back to regular mail because they were having trouble opening it. By sending it two different ways, you can choose which way works best with your computer. Another advantage is that if you travel south in the winter or north in the summer, you can always check it anywhere.
Another option would be to call and give us a winter address to mail the newsletter to you. Or ask us to hold the newsletter until your return in the spring. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Regarding Passports & Enhanced Driver’s License
Regarding Passports…

Acceptable Forms of ID

Michigan is enacting a federally acceptable form of ID in offering a REAL Michigan Driver’s License. This will be in effect by October 1st, 2020. The REAL ID will be required for flying within the United States, entry into certain federal properties, entering nuclear facilities and military bases.

If you have an Enhanced Michigan Driver’s License, it is already compliant and allows entry into the US by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or the Caribbean without a passport.

To fly into the US from anywhere – including Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean, you must have a passport.

A passport is acceptable ID for any type of air flight to go anywhere. It is also acceptable for entry into certain federal facilities and entering nuclear facilities and military bases. It cannot be used as a driver’s license.

Please check your driver’s license and your passport for their expiration dates.

Have A Group? Want to travel?
I can plan trips for groups that have a particular destination in mind or if you need ideas for destinations. Pick-ups can be arranged from your location if you have enough to fill a bus! If your group is too small to fill a bus, perhaps we can promote it and help you fill it or you can join one of our existing trips!
Cancellation Protection is available for $40.00 per person payable with your deposit.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *